Paint Sales Assistant - Wagga Wagga
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary and access to employee benefits
- Monday - Saturday roster
About the business.
Haymes Paint is proudly the largest Australian owned Manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Our products aren't available in the big, corporate hardware stores, we choose instead to sell through independent retailers, where we can trust that the quality of personal service and advice matches the quality of our products - after all, it's the Haymes name and reputation on the can.
As a founding principal of Henry Haymes in 1935, the Haymes family continues the tradition of Quality and Integrity in the manufacture of our products and providing service to our customers. This is confirmed, as voted by our customers, our products and customer service have been awarded the Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers Award for the last four consecutive years.
About the position.
To support and maintain our high level of customer service we are currently recruiting for a Paint Sales Assistant to join the Haymes Paint team in our Wagga Wagga store. This role is offered on a full time basis, working shifts across a six day roster; Monday - Saturday
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Greeting our customers and assisting them with product selection
- Tinting paint products to customer requirements
- Providing service and support to our retail customers
- Building strong relationships with trade customers in store
- Advising customers in store and by phone on Haymes Paint products and accessories
- Making local deliveries to trade customers as need using the company vehicle
- Assisting with in-store displays, store presentation and house keeping
- Maintaining stock control through cycle counts etc.
As part of your introduction to Haymes Paint you will be provided with training to develop your knowledge of our product range.
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate
- Strong customer engagement
- Effective time management and planning
- Previous experience working in a retail/sales customer service role
- The ability to follow instruction and work effectively unsupervised
- A genuine desire to deliver a high level of service to our customers
- Experience in assisting customers with colour and design is preferred, but not essential
You will also need to have a positive, friendly attitude, be able to work both autonomously and in a team environment, have an unencumbered driver's licence and the capacity to perform manual tasks associated with the role e.g. lifting of 15 litre cans of paint.
Most importantly, you will love working with people and engaging with customers.
What Haymes Paint can offer you.
- A supportive team environment
- A competitive salary and access to employee benefits
- Ongoing support and training
- Career growth opportunities
What our team members enjoy about the role.
- Passionate, supportive business
- Relaxed, fun environment
- Working for a family owned, Australian made manufacturer
- Building relationships with internal and external customers
- A challenging workplace that has no two days the same, a sense of satisfaction in your work
- Training available for personal development, career opportunities and advancement
- Quality people. Quality products
If you believe you would value the opportunity to be a member of the Haymes Paint team, and meet the criteria of the role, we encourage you to apply.