Store Manager - Mitchell
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary and access to employee benefits
- Career development opportunity
About the business.
Haymes Paint is proudly the largest Australian owned Manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Our products aren't available in the big, corporate hardware stores, we choose instead to sell through independent retailers, where we can trust that the quality of personal service and advice matches the quality of our products - after all, it's the Haymes name and reputation on the can.
As a founding principal of Henry Haymes in 1935, the Haymes family continues the tradition of Quality and Integrity in the manufacture of our products and providing service to our customers. This is confirmed, as voted by our customers, our products and customer service have been awarded the Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers Award for the last four consecutive years.
About the position.
We are currently recruiting for a Store Manager in our Mitchell store. This role leads a small team, and supports the broader Haymes team, in providing quality service to our trade and retail customers. The position is a key driver in establishing and growing sales based through the store and maximising the profitability of the store through new business development. The role is offered on a full time basis working shifts across a six day rotating roster.; Monday to Saturday (Saturday hours are 8.30am - 12.30pm)
Some of the key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Implementing the necessary actions to achieve budgeted sales and profit contribution;
- Providing a safe working environment and ensuring all staff adhere to safe working procedures;
- Continually improving customer service by focusing on delighting every customer and providing a value-added service;
- Motivating, coaching and developing your team;
- Monitoring and controlling variable expenses, ensuring alignment to sales and budget, and monitoring sales and profit margins; and
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
To effectively manage the operational requirements of the store as part of the broader Haymes Paint Shop network key experience and attributes for the successful candidate will ideally include:
- Management and leadership experience;
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and trust with your team;
- Ability to drive procedures and processes;
- Experience servicing both trade and retail customers;
- Have proven experience in growing a business;
- Experience in inventory management, rostering and controlling expenses;
- Financials experience and strong business acumen such understanding of P&L reports;
- Have the ability to delegate tasks and roles effectively;
- An industry knowledge would be advantageous.
In addition the successful candidate will be self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver exceptional customer service on a consistent basis. Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills will also be required, along with the ability to work effectively under pressure and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Proficient computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite, and a current driver's licence are a must.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an attractive salary package.
If you believe you meet the criteria of the position and will enjoy the challenges and diversity this role brings we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this position please follow the links and provide a copy of your resume with cover letter.