Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
Working at Marist College Ashgrove means joining a community of highly motivated, passionate, professional and experienced individuals who are known for our inclusivity, expertise and dedication to our students, education and each other. We are immensely proud of the opportunities that are afforded to students here at Marist College, with excellence in learning and teaching, a robust co-curricular sporting and cultural program and a focus on faith formation and service that assists in developing young men who are prepared for a dynamic world.
The College has a vacancy for a Help Desk Technician with a suitably negotiated start date in May/June. Duties include:
- Being the first point of contact for Staff and Student Helpdesk support;
- Support password resets;
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks and printers
- Assisting with systems analysis and design in relation to the development and maintenance of computer systems;
- Assisting with application programming (e.g. modification of package systems; and
- Investigation of malfunctions in operational programs);
- Provide guidance to end users.
This position is a Level 5, full-time position, for 38 hours/week currently $34.3737/hour.
Tertiary qualifications at a Diploma level or equivalent in Information Technology, is required by the employer or knowledge, qualifications and experience that are determined by the employer as necessary to successfully carry out the duties of the position.
Essential Selection Criteria:
The Ideal Candidate will possess
- A Current Blue Card;
- Some experience in a similar role desirable;
- Some experience in an IT Support role;
- Excellent communication skills with staff at all levels;
- A high level of initiative;
- Strong organisational skills and a 'can do' work ethic is key;
- A confident, working knowledge of a wide range of software used on Windows and Mac devices;
- A confident and working knowledge of testing and troubleshooting laptop hardware;
- A confident and working knowledge of SCCM, managing the database of devices and device collections, creating and editing task sequences and creation and management of applications and packages;
- Asset and stock management
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria above outlining how you meet the expectations.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees (one of which should be your current principal);
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Marist College Ashgrove is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Marist College Australia. Employees must produce evidence of such vaccination before commencement of employment.
Applications close 3pm Monday 16 May, 2022.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
For enquiries only (please do not email your application), please contact:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4534
Incomplete applications will not progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.