Backend Developer (social ecommerce project)
You will work under a brand new team and company with start-up culture (Offbeat Technology Limited – a new subsidiary fully owned by HKTV Group). We are trying to build a brand new ecommerce platform which focuses on social and content elements.
In Offbeat Technology, we are having flexible and self-motivated working style and informal working environment. We are looking for creative, energetic and passionate staff who are interested in social ecommerce and shopping!
What You will be Doing
- Engage in design, develop, implement, test and maintain a new era e-commerce web application with reusable modules, automated testing, and continuous deployment.
- Apply strong analytical and technical skills in application problems, system design and user experience.
- Researching and adopting the latest backend and cloud related technologies and tools.
- Work with the team in the Agile approach.
Who is Our Right Fit
- Degree holder in IT related disciplines.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in application development.
- Skilled in building backends with Node.js and TypeScript (or proficient in other server-side languages such as Java, C# will also be considered).
- Familiar with Event-Driven design and tools, such as Message Queue, Event Bus...etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL.
- Knowledge of NoSQL Database.
- Knowledge and experience adhering to writing high-quality code with tests.
- Thorough understanding in RESTful API.
- Familiar with containers technology (i.e. Docker) and deployment.
- Candidates with more experience will consider as Senior Developer
- Experience in using AWS cloud (e.g. Lambda, API Gateway...etc.).
- Experience in WebSocket programming.
- Familiar with IaC such as Terraform, AWS CDK and Pulumi.
- Familiar with Nest.js.
- Familiar with K8S, Helm.
- Familiar with Git, Docker, CI/CD tools.
- Familiar with domain driven design.
- Self-motivated with “can do” attitude.
- Good team player.
- To-the-point communication.
- Timely delivery of results.
Benefit in THIS team
- Informal working environment, flexible working hours
- Knowledge sharing session
- Interesting colleagues!
- Hybrid working mode (onsite + work from home)
- 16 - 24-day annual leave, marriage, maternity, paternity, exam, birthday leave*, 2-day family care leave*, full pay sick leave and compassionate leave
- HKTVmall staff discount (20% off!)
- Medical plan and comprehensive dental benefit
- Wine tasting/sharing occasionally (alcohol is allowed!)
- Board game session! (if you like board game)
- In house Barista (for coffee lovers)
- Attractive education partnership allowance
- Free morning bus from selected districts (such as Tuen Mun, Tsuen Wan, Shatin, etc.) to office
- Free round-trip shuttle bus service to the nearest MTR stations 3 times per hour