Learning & Development Manager
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation with a commitment to social justice
- Competitive salary: $130K per annum
- Generous motor vehicle allowance in addition to salary ($15.6K per annum)
- Mobile phone + laptop provided
- Five weeks of annual leave per year
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Full Time (38 hours per week) - Part Time hours also considered
- Based in Flemington (VIC) with some work from home due to COVID-19
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, Hobart and regional Victoria. Our Head Office provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing, community care and NDIS services.
Your new role
Due to organisation growth, an exciting new opportunity exists for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our friendly and tight-knit People & Culture Team as the Learning & Development Manager at our Head Office in Flemington. Reporting to the General Manager – People, Culture & Engagement, you will lead and manage Wintringham’s end to end learning and development program from orientation, induction to e-learning, virtual, face to face, on the job learning activities and tailored training programs, compulsory and non-compulsory training and development.
Your duties and responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Assess, develop, implement and evaluate support programs for people capability, coaching and mentoring, professional and leadership development, succession planning, performance development, and workforce capability learning solutions
- Undertake an assessment, design, delivery and evaluation approach to all new and existing learning and development programs.
- Undertake a skills evaluation in consultation with the General Manager, People, Culture and Engagement to understand, develop and deliver a tailored approach to areas of training need.
- Work with the General Manager, People Culture and Engagement to ensure the effective implementation of training and development that provides an optimal working environment and promotes a culture of excellence, performance and continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage, coach and support direct report(s), through the P&C transformation project / change management process.
- Coordinate the preparation of key L&D reporting including regular reporting of L&D data on compliance and accreditation training completion rates for compulsory and non-compulsory training.
You are minimum undergraduate qualified in a Human Resources Management, Education, Training and Assessment or related discipline who is keen to develop their skills in Quality and management. Your excellent time management, interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail will be supported by the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role including the assessment, design, delivery and evaluation of initiatives and training programs.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and lead others.
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and pragmatically with a diverse range of people, from varying backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
- Well-developed IT skills - Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint).
- A current Victorian driving licence
- An understanding of the Aged Care Accreditation Standards, Housing and Homelessness Service sector, My Aged Care, NDIS and other relevant service systems (highly advantageous)
- Working knowledge of Pay Global Payroll System (highly advantageous)
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. For our office-based staff, we have put in flexible Work From Home arrangements in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe.
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Enquiries can be made to Les Butler (General Manager – People, Culture & Engagement) by contacting our Head Office on (03) 9376 1122.
Applications can be directed to Les Butler (General Manager – People, Culture & Engagement and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Sunday 16th May 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.