- Access to Salary Packaging benefits
- Competitive remuneration + 17.5% leave loading + super
- Generous kilometre reimbursement for work related travel
- Mobile phone/BYOD allowance + laptop provided
- Permanent Full Time (38 hours per week)
- Join an innovative team within a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation with a commitment to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Located close to the CBD in Flemington (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a unique not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or are at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, Hobart and regional Victoria. Our Head Office, located in Flemington, provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing, NDIS, outreach and community care services.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a proactive and dynamic all-rounder to join our Communications Team as a Full Time Communications Officer. In this busy and dynamic role, you will build a positive public image of Wintringham using multiple internal and external communication channels e.g. social media, video, publications, marketing materials (print and online) and events.
Your duties and responsibilities will also include:
- Reinforcing Wintringham’s ethos and values through the development of meaningful, effective, and purposeful communications.
- Creating regular communications to maintain brand credibility and rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing and updating Wintringham’s website, all social media and online platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google and YouTube accounts.
- Play a key role in supporting current major projects i.e. change management, brand and website review.
- Manage and deliver The Winny – monthly staff newsletter, plus assist with the Annual Report.
- Gather regular content for Wintringham channels through writing stories, interviewing clients, taking and editing pictures and videos.
- Enhance Wintringham’s online and digital presence using SEO, short video productions and PPC campaigns.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe, and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900 annually.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly training through our training portal. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You may be asked to travel to our sites in your own car in this role; however, we reimburse you for work related travel. Access to a pool car is also available.
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Marketing , or Events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current driver’s licence & own reliable vehicle (travel to sites is sometimes required)
- Experience developing content both written and multimedia for various audiences
- Excellent knowledge of Word, InDesign, PhotoShop, Hootsuite, Survey Monkey and Mail Chimp
- Some experience enhancing and analysing SEO and developing PPC campaigns
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills
How to apply
For more information about this exciting role, you can view copy of the Position Description HERE.
Applications can be addressed to Christina Bucci (Communications Manager) and submitted via our website. Please submit a brief Cover Letter introducing yourself and why you are suited to the role to accompany your CV.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close 5:00pm Sunday 5th June 2022
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID19 and help keep Victorians safe, including directions to make the COVID19 vaccination mandatory for employees that are required to attend a workplace. Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of having received 3 doses of COVID19 vaccination prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Vaccination against Influenza is a requirement of employment at Wintringham. For us to progress your application, you must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination prior to 11th June 2022, or if commencing post this date, prior to commencing employment.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.