Hall & Prior is a private organisation operating in both Western Australia and New South Wales that specialises in residential aged care. We believe that our commitment and dedication to providing high quality care can make a real difference to the lives of our consumers and their families. Our homes embody safety and comfort, offering choices in accommodation, lifestyle and health services that are important to our consumers.
Our organisation has a strong, caring and welcoming culture and is well known for the high quality of care we provide to our consumers. Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experience, all brought together by the common themes of passion for our care recipients health and happiness, professional conduct and kindness in the community of our home.
We currently have a position available for a Chef or experienced Cook based at Fresh Fields Catering facility in Carlisle. The position is permanent part-time , Monday to Friday.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Hands on with food preparation in all areas of the kitchen following standard recipes and correct techniques
- Maintaining cleanliness standards of the kitchen
- Meeting all HACCP standards including completing required administrative tasks
- Working at times with specialised equipment
- Liaise with the care recipients for their menu choices
- Stock take and ordering
- Education and training of new staff and kitchen assistants
- Leadership experience, including rostering, budgets, managing and supervising staff
- Have experience in all aspects of the kitchen including experience in a high volume production with a strong focus on nutritional requirements and food safety paperwork.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of five years in a chef / experienced cook position
- Appropriate qualifications and/ or relevant work experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated strong leadership and influencing skills including the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated advanced customer service skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced and hands on environment
- Experience in hotels and banquet environments
- Knowledge of food safety practices, HACCP and OHS
- Excellent cooking skills and overall technical expertise.
- Have Aged Care texture modification cooking experiences
- Having flexibility and dedication, combined with the ability to thrive under pressure and achieve results
- The ability to lead from the front, in a 'hands on' manner and drive people development and training.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Your colleagues will describe you as hard working, customer focused and a good team player. You will be proficient with computers and computer software to include use of Word, Excel and other relevant programs.
- Be involved in menu development and food initiatives
- Ability to represent the team within our homes on a one to one and group level
- Current National Police Certificate, or willingness to obtain
- Current NDIS Screening, or willingness to obtain
- Current Influenza Vaccination, or willingness to obtain
- Full work rights in Australia
- Work together with an experienced catering team
- No evenings or weekend work
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free flu vaccination annually
- Discounted health insurance
Our catering production facility is dynamic, caring and offers employment opportunities for professional development, training and career advancement to the right people.
If you would like to become a part of our dedicated team at Fresh Fields or would like some further information click on the “Apply” button and attach your Resume with a Cover letter.
Please visit our website www.hallprior.com.au to view our homes.
Compassionate people, dedicated to care.