Melbourne - Collingwood
i2C is an Australian Architecture and Interior Design practice with studios across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
Whether it be our own office culture or the impact our designs have on the wider community, enhancing the human experience is at the core of our company ethos.
We are a collaborative practice and believe in the approach of ‘more workshops, more often’ with clients, consultants, project contributors and our own internal team. Though we work across 4 studios, we operate as a National organisation of design professionals, drawing on the collective knowledge and individual talents of our entire team.
About this role:
We are looking for a creative, proactive, adaptable and passionate Interior Designer to join our Melbourne studio.
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working on all stages of a project including developing concepts, producing Revit documentation and construction admin/ management. As we are a multi-disciplinary practice, experience across multiple sectors including retail, commercial and mixed use is advantageous.
- Contributing to all project phases including concept design, space planning, design development, documentation and construction admin/ management
- Contributing to client briefings, workshops, design and documentation
- Preparing presentations and communicating designs in multiple software programs including Revit, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop, VR etc.
- Working alongside local team members as well as collaborating with the wider National team
This role offers full-time hours and is a permanent, ongoing position for the right candidate.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum of 3 years’ local experience as an Interior Designer
- As a Revit based practice, you will need strong Revit skills and an ability to produce drawings up to an acceptable level for design development and documentation.
- In addition to Revit, proficiency in SketchUp will be highly regarded.
- Strong visual presentation skills using InDesign and Photoshop to create concept packages
- An understanding of fundamental BCA regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of industry products, materials and suppliers
- Great work ethic and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail and a passion for Interior Design
- Great communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a National team, as well as autonomously when required
- Must be hands-on and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage time and work on more than one project concurrently
We’re committed to enhancing the human experience with every inspiring idea. If you share that vision, we may have exactly the opportunity you’re looking for.