IT Support Technician
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Exciting opportunity within a dynamic and growing Not-For-Profit organisation
- $68K - $69K per annum + Super
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Generous kilometre reimbursement for work-related travel
- Full Time
- Multiple roles available
- Based at our Head Office in Flemington (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, regional Victoria and Tasmania. Our Head Office provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing, and community care services.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our I.T Team as a Full Time I.T Support Technician. We are seeking a candidate who has excellent customer service skills, enjoys a fast-paced environment, and who thrives on getting to the bottom of issues. The successful applicant will need to identify opportunities to increase efficiencies for staff and have the skills to perform routine maintenance and installation of hardware / software as required.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensure all helpdesk requests are attended to in a reasonable timeframe, seeking assistance from team members or external vendors as required
- Co-ordinate, write, and maintain system documentation to ensure our IT system is kept up to date
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills
- A vibrant, flexible and can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn by putting in the 'hard yards'
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve and troubleshoot whilst under pressure
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience/exposure in active directory, windows server 2016-2019, Office 365
- A qualification in IT is a definite advantage
- Assist and participate in IT Projects.
- Manage all end user equipment upgrades recommending new solutions and new technologies as needed
- Follow IT policies and procedures
What we’ll require from you
- Previous work experience in an IT support position is a definite advantage
- Certifications (Microsoft/ITIL/A+) will also be highly regarded!
- You will be a great communicator, be known for your outstanding customer service and taking ownership of customer issues to get them resolved.
- Must thrive in a team environment
- Current driver’s licence & own reliable vehicle (travel to Wintringham sites is required).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and have an internal training program for all staff. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + great discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
For more information about this exciting role, you can view a copy of the Position Description by clicking the link HERE.
Applications to be addressed to Manish Chaudhary (I.T Network Administrator / Team Leader) and submitted via our website.
Please submit a brief covering letter introducing yourself and why you are suited to the role to accompany your CV.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 1st July 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of having three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine as well as a 2022 influenza vaccine prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.