Therapeutic Support Worker
Northern, Southern and Mt Barker Locations
Therapeutic Support Workers
Casual and part-time opportunities through until 30 June 2022
Northern, Southern & Mt Barker Locations
SCHaDS Crisis Accommodation Employee Level 1
Join our vibrant and committed team providing innovative therapeutic services that allow our young people to thrive.
- Expand your skills and experience while contributing to a brighter future for others
- Enjoy an excellent working environment with continued support and encouragement
Junction is a leading provider of a range of housing and community services. We positively impact lives by creating opportunities for self-determined independence for all those we work with. Our strong focus on prevention and early intervention is underpinned by a range of thriving local groups and programs.
Together, we are improving lives and building strong, resilient, and connected communities.
Meet some of our amazing staff here!
Junction are seeking experienced Therapeutic Support Workers to work within our Northern, Southern, and Mt Barker Houses. Harnessing your knowledge, skills, and passion, you will be responsible for guiding our young people to improve their confidence and self-esteem by promoting positive attitudes and lifestyle choices.
The best part of this role is the ability for you to come in and really create a strong sense of home for our young people, assisting them in developing social and living skills and celebrating their successes along the way. You will get to plan daily activities, working closely with clients, while also liaising with government and non-government agencies as well as members of the community to advocate for continued access and support for activities and services.
A day in this role may include:
- Facilitating client participation in a range of educational and recreational activities to enhance their physical, social, emotional and intellectual development;
- Producing accurate case notes, interaction records, log entries, Client Incident Reports, and plans;
- Maintaining the property in a clean and hygienic manner; and
- Planning and preparing meals for children and young people in line with healthy food choices and safe food-handling requirements.
An incredible opportunity to grow your career in Child Protection in a rewarding environment with Junction.
- Certificate IV in Youth Work, Child, Youth and Family Intervention, Community Services or equivalent (or working towards)
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate responses to clients with behaviours that demonstrate high and complex needs
- The ability to work across 24/7 roster and undertake passive (sleepover) and active night shifts
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and establish rapport with clients, staff and external agencies
You Will Need To:
- Complete our online application process
- Undergo pre-employment testing as part of the recruitment process which will include psychological assessments
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Hold a current Safe Environments Certificate
- Hold a current Australian driver’s license and be willing to drive - P2 minimum requirement
- Be prepared to undertake Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training within 6 months of commencing with Junction
What We Offer:
- A supportive, flexible work environment with a strong focus on staff well-being
- Great professional development opportunities
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- A You are Amazing Day - an extra day of leave to spend however you want!
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions below. On the following page, you'll be asked to add your Resume and a Cover letter. Please make sure you have this ready before you apply.
Please also upload copies of relevant qualifications and certifications including working with children check, child-safe environments, first aid, and your driver's license.
The position description is available by clicking here or for further confidential inquiries contact Jeff Argent, Team Leader, Therapeutic Support Services on 0429 491 492.
Applications Close:COB, Monday 22 June 2021
Junction is an equal opportunity employer that embraces a culture of diversity. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Junction is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child and family abuse.