NDIS Support Advisor
We are currently looking for an experienced NDIS Support Advisor to join our Northern Rivers team, based in Alstonville NSW.
The NDIS Support Advisor performs an integral role in ensuring individualised services are developed and delivered to customers. The NDIS Support Advisor is responsible for coordinating the delivery of services to customers using a team of community support professionals and contractors. This role involves liaising with fellow office staff, external stakeholders and customers to ensure services are provided in accordance with the customer’s assessed needs and support professional’s availability. The overall responsibility is to provide quality operational services, while maintaining efficiency and cost effectiveness and meeting compliance and procedural requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Undertake comprehensive customer assessment and planning by assessing, monitoring, reassessing and reviewing the needs of the customer
- Develop and manage customer service schedules, including service planning, confirmation and short notice placements and cancellations
- Prepare and transmit schedules for customer services to support professionals
- Verify allocation of support professional against customer service schedules. Verify and investigate any discrepancies with scheduled visits
- Arrange replacement staff to cover leave and their planned or unplanned absences, shift changes and non-compliance services
- Manage day to day activities of the service
- Monitor the implementation of individualised plans for customers
- Meet the specified and appropriate standards for the delivery of customer services
- Ensure appropriate information is provided and explained to the customer at all times
- Develop strategies which will address the identified needs of the customer in consultation with their representative/s where appropriate, in accordance with funding guidelines
- Monitor customer budgets in accordance with program guidelines.
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with person centred principles
- Manage communication with key stakeholders – both internally and externally
- Identify and participate in professional development
- Ensure compliance with all Just Better Care policies and procedures, statutory and contractual requirements in relation to management of service delivery.
Essential Key competencies:
- Relevant qualification in Business Administration or Community Care
- Previous experience in case management role
- Strong interpersonal, communications and negotiations skills
- Ability to work flexibly to respond to changing customers need
- Effective decision making skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective organisational and planning skills
- Highly proficient computer skills including the spreadsheet and Microsoft Office
- Current criminal record check clearance and working with children check
- Drivers Licence & Own Vehicle (preferred)
If you would like to join our growing team of Support Advisors and become part of our friendly, professional network please Apply today.