Junior Mechanical Engineer
JUNIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team at Kings Engineering, part of The Bloomfield Group.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership, quality control compliance, and project management across all engineering streams.
They will support projects from concept, feasibility, design, and estimating, through to construction, installation, and commissioning.
The role will support operations through problem-solving and providing engineering solutions.
- Solve problems through hands on design and project management from initial project conception to completion or commissioning
- Coordinate AS3000 and AS3800 with strong quality assurance focus
- Implement and continuously approve compliance to ISO9001 Quality Systems
- Support with reverse engineering solutions using CAD & CAM
- Responsibility for all project functions including but not limited to: Project Management, Site Management, Project Control Management, Engineering Management, Procurement, Construction Management etc are coordinated and properly resourced to meet the project(s) goals
- Prepare project scopes, estimates, budget, schedules and execution plans
- Monitor industry and Company operational trends and suggest improvement opportunities
- Assist in the management of the documentation and storage of information relating to projects
- Analyse data and produce reports, graphs and presentations to communicate operational and maintenance cost drivers, down time and availabilities of key assets
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Tertiary qualification in Relevant Engineering Discipline(Mechanical)
- Ability to interpret Australian Standards
- Experience with reverse engineering solutions (CAD & CAM)
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve projects from initial concept to completion /commissioning
- Excellent technical knowledge and skills, including a broad understanding of operational and maintenance requirements and engineering standards of practice
- Experience of successfully completing projects in similar industry
- Strong knowledge of Safety and Environment Regulations
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and a “team-oriented” approach to the achievement of projects
- Strong technical writing abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Results driven with strong organisational and analytical skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and other relevant computer software
Working with Kings Engineering
Kings Engineering is a leading NSW engineering business that is Australian owned and operated. Founded in 1923, Kings has a proud history of providing engineering solutions across a range of industries. Located at Rutherford, Kings works across a range of industries including tunneling and infrastructure, open cut and underground mining, rail and manufacturing.
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and we invest in our people so that they can deliver for our customers. Our inclusive Apprenticeship Training Program has been developing the next generation of tradespeople and leaders for more than 40 years.
Investing in our people and the community
At Kings Engineering, part of The Bloomfield Group, we invest in our people and we invest in the community. We offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits.
Underpinning how we go about our work are our company values: We Care. We Deliver.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of our company.
To apply for the position please select 'apply now' and attach your covering letter and resume. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role.
Applications close on 27 December 2022
To find out more about Kings Engineering, please visit www.pwgking.com.au
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.