Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
Leading a team of 7, this position oversees the Financial Accounting function of Kiama Council. The role is is responsible for coordinating the timely preparation of the annual financial statements for audit and approval by Council, management and reconciliation of Council’s investment portfolio, Council’s taxation requirements, General Ledger Reconciliations and reconciliation of all of Council’s bank accounts.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in accounting/business related discipline
- CPA/CA qualified
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant provisions of the Local Government Act and other appropriate legislation, or the ability to quickly gain this knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of relevant accounting standards and related legislation
- Proven experience in the supervision of staff in a financial environment and the ability to motivate staff in achieving corporate objectives
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial advice to all levels of management on key aspects of Council’s financial position, project funding strategies and systems and reporting capabilities
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of financial accounting systems, competence in maintaining and developing complex spreadsheets, and the ability to present and communicate complex financial information
- Highly developed ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
Council is seeking a dedicated finance professional to join our Finance Team. You will be highly organised with well developed attention to detail, the ability to communicate articulately, be adaptable and a strong team leader. Additionally, you will require the ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with various key stakeholders.
- Permanent full time, 35 hours per week
- Salary from $85,389.20 to $90,867.92 per annum (depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
- plus 9.5% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Jason Galloway, CFO on 4232 0444.
Closing Date: Sunday 7 March 2021, 23:30 AEDT.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.