Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
We are looking for qualified swimming instructors to join our team on a casual basis at the Kiama Leisure Centre. In this role you will plan and teach swim classes targeting ability levels and ages, along with promoting swimming lessons.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A current AUSTSWIM, Royal Life Saving or Swimming Australia certificate with a valid CPR qualification
- Completed or be willing and able to complete an Infants Aquatics extension Course within 3 months of commencement
- Minimum 20 hours experience as a Swimming Instructor working with children of various age groups, effectively teaching a variety of swimming strokes
- Understanding of the principles of child learning
- The ability to instruct water survival techniques
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You will have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate positively with children, parents and Centre staff. It is desired that you have the ability and willingness to adapt to program changes including class times, the type and group size.
- Hourly rate of $32.98 inclusive of the 25% casual loading
- plus 10% superannuation.
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Hope Prosser, Administration Team Leader on (02) 4232 0577.
Closing Date: Ongoing applications will be accepted for this role.
We are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and the public. Applicants must ensure that they are vaccinated against Covid-19 and will need to provide evidence of this upon entering the Leisure Centre.
This is a child-related position. You will be required to provide Council with your valid and current Working with Children Check (WWCC) number as a condition of your employment. In addition, your employment may be subject to a National Criminal Record Check to determine your suitability for employment.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.