Maintenance Labourer (Masonry)
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
As Maintenance Labourer you will predominately complete civil maintenance work including street signage, line marking, stormwater pit and pipe maintenance and installation, paving footpaths and concreting of footpaths, kerbs and gutters. You will assist with the full range of maintenance activities of Council's assets including stone walls.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Class LR Drivers Licence
- WHS Construction Induction White Card
- Safe Work NSW Traffic Control Blue card – Traffic Controller
- Safe Work NSW Traffic Control Yellow card – Traffic Management Implementer
- General handyperson and labouring experience.
- General literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
You will be a team player with previous labouring experience who enjoys hands on work. Although not required, it is desired that you have a stone masonry certificate and/or experience. It would also be beneficial to have experience in traffic control.
- Permanent full time, 38 hours per week, 9 days per fortnight
- Weekly salary from $930.40 to $981.20 (depending on qualifications, skills and experience), with possible future progression up to $1,100.20 per week.
- plus 10% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Wayne Blackall, Maintenance Coordinator on 4232 0505.
Closing Date: Sunday 3 July 2022, 11:30 pm.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.