Manager People and Performance
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity to create transformational change and build capacity in our workforce. We are seeking a talented and passionate Human Resources professional, to drive this change and shape our organisation for the future. The Manager is responsible for all aspects of HR and will help to build a culture of high engagement, commitment, and performance of staff. You will need to translate business needs and context into our human resources strategy. You will guide our people leaders to effectively lead and manage their staff, support change processes and drive innovation, to achieve positive outcomes and deliver for our community.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing industrial/employee relations advice and support whilst ensuring relevant legislation, agreements and policies are complied with;
- Managing and coordinating the implementation of effective organisational change in line with and legislative requirements;
- Recommending and leading new initiatives that align with the organisation’s people strategy, including employee engagement and organisational culture;
- Building organisational capability through coaching and developing leaders and teams to drive a high-performance culture and manage organisational change;
- Developing the HR framework, onboarding, capabilities and capacity of the organisation
- Supporting our governance, risk and strategic frameworks to deliver positive outcomes for our teams.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business, Governance or at least 10 years equivalent experience
- Experience in developing and delivering HR/OD frameworks, strategies, policies, plans and projects
- Experience and a proven track record in leading and managing people and inspiring others to perform and meet agreed outcomes
- Experience in conflict resolution and negotiations that require high level of communication and planning to achieve successful outcomes
- The ability to manage change and encourage innovation in a demanding and multi-tasked environment
- The ability to design and implement change management processes in a complex environment
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and negotiations. You will use these skills along with your organisational and project management skills to provide leadership, strategic direction and accountability to your team and the organisation.
- Permanent full time, 35 hours per week
- Hybrid work model
- A competitive market salary will be offered for this role depending on qualifications, skills and experience
- Salary from $114,145 to $132,272 p.a. (approx.) inclusive of Manager's allowance subject to entering into a voluntary Manager's Agreement with Council
- Plus 10% superannuation
- Leaseback vehicle for operational and private use
- Access to the Fitness Passport
This role may be required to conduct remote work and applicants are required to have IT connectivity.
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Jessica Rippon, Director Environmental Services on 0407 281 597.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 June 2022, 11:30 pm.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.