Rehabilitation Counsellor / Psychologist - Full Time - Cairns
About the Opportunity
You will assist individuals to engage in meaningful occupations through a client centred approach, which enables optimal health and wellbeing. This includes helping injured or ill workers to facilitate their rehabilitation with an end goal of returning to work, pre-employment assessments, and onsite injury prevention work.
You will be accountable for:-
- Working with insurers to provide job seeking and job placement services for injured workers
- Completing vocational or transferrable skills assessment for workers
- Conducting Pre-Employment Assessments and Drug & Alcohol testing to assess fitness for work.
- Visiting workplaces to gain an understanding of what challenges an injured worker may face and educating workplaces on how to prevent workplace injuries
- Reviewing high risk manual tasks to determine how they can be performed safely
- Providing clinical opinions and justification through report writing
- Case managing complex injuries and liaising with treating doctors and health professionals to help an injured worker recover and get back to work.
As an experienced Occupational Rehabilitation professional with at least 12 months experience, some of your other talents and attributes include:
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Current full or provisional Psychologist registration with AHPRA or a full member of ASORC or RCAA
- An ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic team environment
- Current Driver’s Licence and reliable transport.
Join Our Team
When you work for KINNECT, you work with a group of likeminded people who enjoy a variety of challenges each day. As a valued employee, we offer you unrivalled workplace benefits, an industry leading culture and a diverse client base. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- A flexible working environment with a diverse range of occupational health services
- Performance based incentives and opportunities for advancement
- Sophisticated systems and technology to make your job simpler.
How to Apply
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on the “Apply Now” button. Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal to be considered.
For further information, please direct your enquiry to email@example.com.
This position is being sourced directly by Kinnect. We respectfully request no agency approaches.