Hospitality Traineeship - Front of House
Are you looking for a career change? Or a school leaver looking for the next chapter?
Look no more! A great apprenticeship opportunity awaits you at LDK Seniors’ Living where you can be a part of a passionate and driven organisation making a real difference in the community.
What’s so great about this opportunity at LDK?
- You can complete your Cert III in Hospitality while working for us at our village
- This is part-time opportunity on a 7-day roster
- Education costs are covered!
- Friendly and fun team environment with a great company culture driven by our LDK values
- Be provided ongoing support and mentoring by our Village Hospitality Manager
- Located in the Upper North Shores of Sydney and nestled in a beautiful garden setting, this Retirement Village is home to over 350 residents in over 400 properties
- Opportunities to grow from within
LDK’s vision is that every senior Australian will be treated with Love, Decency & Kindness in their ageing journey. These values are what form the basis of everything we do. We are proud to be leading the way in reshaping the seniors’ living industry and employ individuals based on delivering this vision, along with those who share our core values of Love, Decency & Kindness.
More importantly, our staff loves working with us! Recently our employees voted about what it’s like working for LDK:
- 90% of our employees are happy working at LDK
- 90% of our LDK staff role model our values of Love, Decency and Kindness
- 86% of our staff would recommend LDK to their family and friends
- 89% of our employees agree that LDK Managers role model our values of Love, Decency and Kindness
- 91% of our staff feels appreciated and recognized in their roles
- 86% of our employees strongly agree that they are provided learning and development opportunities
Rest assured that you will be a valued and supported member of the LDK team!
What does this traineeship entail?
As a Hospitality Trainee, you will complete your Cert III in Hospitality as well as formal training directly with our Village Hospitality Manager. You will provide the following front of house/food and beverage services to residents:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all residents and guests
- Take food and beverage orders
- Efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders
- Assist with cash, charge, float and till procedures
- Assist kitchen staff
- Assist with setting up, preparing and provide service for functions as required
Eligibility – No experience needed
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be over 15 years old
- Living in Sydney (Preferably in the Northern – North Shore Suburbs)
- Have not completed a Cert III or higher in any field
- Be prepared to undergo a National Police check (Paid by us) and an influenza immunisation
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Be committed to 2 years* traineeship to successfully achieve your Certificate III in Hospitality.
Working hours and pay rate
- This is a part time opportunity on 20 – 25 hours per week.
- We pay according to award rates under Aged Award 2010 (Award penalties apply on weekends, afternoon and night shifts outside of business hours)
What do I need to be successful in this opportunity?
- Represent LDK and embrace our values
- Have an eagerness to learn
- Be driven and have good work ethic
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Genuine passion or desire to make a career in hospitality
What will LDK provide in return?
- Ongoing support and mentoring by our Village Hospitality Manager
- Opportunities to grow within the company
- You will be earning while you learn and attain a certificate after completion
- Education costs are covered
- Positive and friendly working culture
- Employee Assistance Program
How do I apply?
- Apply by clicking on Apply Now. You will be redirected to our Careers Page.
- Complete the Questionnaire and upload your current resume/CV
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an initial Phone Interview.
- Regardless of whether you have been unsuccessful or successful, you will hear back from us within 14 days.