- Complete your Cert III in Commercial Cookery while you work at our village
- Work in a five-star village nestled in a garden setting
- Friendly and supportive team environment with a great company culture driven by our LDK values
- Be trained and supported by highly experienced culinary Chefs
- Learn to prepare and cook a fine range of meals and cuisines
LDK’s vision is that every senior Australian will be treated with Love, Decency & Kindness in their ageing journey. These values are what form the basis of everything we do. We are proud to be leading the way in reshaping the seniors’ living industry and employ individuals based on delivering this vision, along with those who share our core values of Love, Decency & Kindness.
More importantly, our staff loves working with us! Recently our employees voted about what it’s like working for LDK:
- 90% of our employees are happy working at LDK
- 90% of our LDK staff role model our values of Love, Decency and Kindness
- 86% of our staff would recommend LDK to their family and friends
- 89% of our employees agree that LDK Managers role model our values of Love, Decency and Kindness
- 91% of our staff feels appreciated and recognized in their roles
- 86% of our employees strongly agree that they are provided learning and development opportunities
Rest assured that you will be a valued and supported member of the LDK team!
About the Apprenticeship
Be provided on the job training at our very own village under the supervision of our passionate and experienced Village Hospitality while you complete your Cert III in Commercial Cookery through TAFE. You will have the opportunity to learn and perform the following duties:
- Assist Chefs with day-to-day kitchen operation
- Assist with food preparation and use food preparation equipment
- Produce dishes using various Cooking methods
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Assist with plan and design basic menus.
- Assist in the maintenance of stock levels
Eligibility – No prior experience needed
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be over 15 years old
- Living in Sydney (Preferably in the Northern – North Shore Suburbs)
- Have not completed a Cert III or higher in any field
- Be prepared to undergo a National Police check (Paid by us) and an influenza immunisation
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Be committed to 4 years apprenticeship to successfully achieve your Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
Working hours and pay rate
- This is a part time opportunity on 20 – 25 hours per week.
- We pay according to the apprenticeship rates under Aged Award 2010 (Award penalties apply on weekends, afternoon and night shifts outside of business hours)
What will LDK provide in return?
- Ongoing support and mentoring by our Village Hospitality Manager
- Opportunities to grow within the company
- You will be earning while you learn and attain a certificate after completion
- Education costs are covered
- Positive and friendly working culture
- Employee Assistance Program
How do I apply?
- Apply by clicking on Apply Now. You will be redirected to our Careers Page.
- Complete the Questionnaire and upload your current resume/CV
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an initial Phone Interview.
- Regardless of whether you have been unsuccessful or successful, you will hear back from us within 14 days.