Lineage Logistics is the world’s largest temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider. We have a global network of over 400 facilities totalling over 2 billion cubic feet which spans 19 countries across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America.
With more than 22,000 dedicated employees, we serve customers across the food and perishable industries from Fortune 500 companies to growing regional food producers. Lineage was listed as number 17 on CNBC’s 2021 Disrupter 50 List, the No 1. Data Science company, and 23rd overall, on Fast Company’s 2019 list of The World’s Most Innovative Companies, in addition to being included on Fortune’s Change The World list in 2020.
Working at Lineage is not just a job – it’s an opportunity to innovate and put your mark on how food moves from the farm to dinner tables around the world. As a member of the Lineage Logistics team, you are a critical link in the food supply chain.
The Asia Pacific region currently includes Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Singapore, with approximately 1900 employees.
We have an opportunity for 2 Team Managers on afternoon shift. These roles will be based in Laverton and reports to the Shift Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver a high level of service to the customer from a warehouse through to delivery to store across a 24/7 retail logistics operation
- Ensure agreed customer service levels are met within the team/department
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed
- Contribute to the senior leadership team by assisting with development of strategies and ways of operating to drive consistency
- Manage Company assets within the operation and ensure a high level of housekeeping
- Engage the team frequently to drive a constructive and positive culture
- Ensure customer claims are managed and corrective actions in place
- Work closely and communicate with other Team Managers to ensure the best outcome for the business
- Flexibility to manage either departments (inbound, production, outbound)
- Ensure daily huddles / pre-starts are conducted daily, sharing required information, plan for the day, and encouraging physical warm-up activities
- Review weekly actual performance against weekly plans and propose corrective action for variances as appropriate
- Ensure all staff are trained to operate all machinery/equipment
- Coordinate site activities with team and stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective execution of daily plan
- Determine hourly / daily / weekly labour and equipment to meet workloads in line with legal and industrial relations framework
To be successful, you will have:
- 6 years plus experience in a similar role (logistics/transport industry is preferable)
- 3 years plus in a retail logistics environment within a distribution centre or a fast paced FMCG environment
- Must have experience and knowledge of a multi temperature operation
- Qualifications in Logistics Management or a business discipline, and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills, managing a large sized operational team
- Experience and knowledge with transport / route distribution is advantageous
- Basic understanding of profit and loss and other KPI’s that drive storage, handling and distribution costs
Basic knowledge of labour cost control and improvement, and the relationship between labour and handling revenue
Our Purpose: Transform the food supply-chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world.
Our Vision: To be the world’s most dynamic temperature-controlled logistics company
Our Values: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold & Servant Leadership.
If you would like to join the team, please complete the application form to submit your CV as a PDF attachment. We would love to hear from you!
We respectfully request no agency submissions.