Hospital Linen Porters - Relief
Melbourne's South East
HOSPITAL LINEN PORTERS - RELIEF
We currently have a great opportunity for staff to work in our hospital linen rooms across Melbourne.
Our Hospital Linen Porters deliver and collect linen (towels, sheets, pillowcases, gowns, etc) across the hospital to support clinical staff care for their patients.
About the Roles:
This is a Fulltime Relief role to cover for our staff during holidays/sick leave and when not working onsite, you will be required to work at the Dandenong South Plant.
- Full-Time position
- $25 per hours plus penalties
- Ability to work overtime
- Work available across the week
- Role is based at our customer’s hospital sites and at the Laundry
- Requires own use of car (car allowance provided)
Job duties include:
- Packing linen trolleys
- Delivering and collecting trolleys with linen across the hospital to wards and other areas
- Providing excellent customer service
- Entering linen order details into a tablet
- Various other duties in a large linen room.
- Following safe work procedures
Skills and experience
- All training will be provided.
- Good fitness level, the role has physically aspects, so a good level of mobility is required.
- Ability to read and understand instructions and apply the information to your work
As part of a small team, we require someone who likes teamwork, is reliable, and focussed on getting the work done; while providing great customer service when engaging with hospital staff and members of the public.
- Stable employment opportunities
- On the job training provided
- Supportive and inclusive culture
Dandenong Laundry is part of Linen Service Australia, the largest textiles management and laundry operator in Australasia. Our Linen Laundry plants manage the textile and laundry requirements of customers in the healthcare, accommodation, hospitality and aged care sectors.
A pre-requisite for these roles’ candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and participate in the Vic Health vaccination program including Flu and COVID19. The successful applicant must have ownership of a current driver licence and a reliable vehicle and be willing to undertake a National Level Police Clearance including WWCC.
The position is casual with ongoing hours and opportunity for permanent positions.
Ensign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply