Trades Assistant - Night Shift
TRADES ASSISTANT - Night shift
The role of the Maintenance Nightshift Trade Assistant is to assist the maintenance in preventative maintenance tasks to ensure that plant and equipment is capable of performing the designated function, in accordance with relevant statutory and industry standards.
• Machine inspections and cleaning
• Main building high level cleaning
• Prepping machines ready for production start time and any general maintenance tasks of repairing trolleys, bags, hangers and various maintenance related tasks.
• Key member of the maintenance team
• Maintain plant and equipment at a busy industrial laundry
• Manufacturing or processing industries experience
• Mechanical maintenance and installation skills and experience
• Metal fabrication skills
• Effective Communication skills
• Basic computer skills
There will be a preference for candidates who have:
• Welding competencies
• Confined Space entry competency
• Elevated Work Platform competency
• First Aid Certificate
What we offer
• 38 hour week
• $32 per hour + 30% loading + super
• Opportunity to work weekends
• Stable employment opportunities
• On the job training provided
• Supportive and inclusive culture
In return we can offer you a competitive remuneration, a hard-working team in that will assist you in your transition and the opportunity to make your mark in the business.
Opportunity to work on weekends
Dandenong Laundry is part of ENSIGN SERVICES, Australia’s largest provider of managed laundry and textile solutions. We proudly provide customised laundry and textile solutions including linen and workwear supply, laundry solutions and management to the retail, corporate, industrial, education, health and aged care sectors. Come join our passionate and dedicated team.
The Ensign Linen and Industrial business is enjoying dynamic growth.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles candidates will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical including drug and alcohol testing and immunisations including COVID19.
Ensign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.