Marketing and Communications Officer
About Marist College Ashgrove
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College has a vacancy for a Marketing and Communications officer with a Term 2 or suitably negotiated start date. It is a 38 hours per week continuing position. Hours of duty required are from 8:00 am – 4:06 pm. The ability to be flexible with working hours is highly desirable. Remuneration is at a level 6 of the School Officer Classification of the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement - Religious Institute Schools of Queensland 2019 - 2023. The hourly rate is $36.2842 plus 10% super and annual leave loading of 17.5%. The College will consider the role as either a term-time or full-time position dependent on the applicant. This can be negotiated upon successful appointment.
The Marketing and Communications Officer is responsible to the Head of College, for the effective management and implementation of College’s Marketing and Communications strategies and initiatives across the College for Years 5-12.
The position’s objective is to initiate, maintain and deliver on innovative marketing and communications strategies of the College and its entities, ensuring the highest profile is achieved and maintained. The role is also responsible for the overall production and oversight of the style and quality of all internal and external communication, writing and editing articles, media releases, publications and the College website of Marist College Ashgrove.
A position description of the role appears on our website: https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies
The ideal applicant will have:
- Proven marketing skills and experience.
- Energy and creativity.
- An ability to think strategically and to plan effectively.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills.
- An ability to be a self-starter and work well independently as well as collegially.
- High standards of integrity and reliability.
- A thorough knowledge of contemporary marketing methods including an ability to utilise modern technologies to market effectively.
- Good organisational and management skills.
- High quality writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
The ideal applicant will be required to:
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the culture and values of the College; Enhance and protect Marist College Ashgrove’s ‘brand’, which is associated with long-term integrity and a commitment to educational excellence.
- Undertake the writing of articles, contributions and stories for marketing and all forms of communication media.
- Manage the College’s presentation in the media so that the reputation of the College is enhanced and reputational risk managed. Research, write and edit copy for College Media releases, marketing collateral, publications and other communications.
- Work with the Community Engagement Officer to ensure that approved College writing style is evident in all external communications collateral.
- Promote the College on the Net, social networking sites and generally using contemporary electronic means.
- Ensure brand and messaging quality and consistency and establish guidelines to apply across all departments, activities and events at the College.
- Building close, respectful relationships and work effectively with all College staff.
- Maintaining ‘best practice’ marketing and communication strategies, and
- Maintaining an appropriate level of professional development.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must have a Blue Card (Working with Children);
- Relevant experience and post graduate qualifications in the area of Marketing and Communications;
- Excellent organisational skills, including previous experience in the area of Marketing and Communications;
- Demonstrated high level of writing skills;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and follow direction;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft suite skills;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of teamwork skills
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
How to apply:
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Please submit your application via the College website - please do not email your application.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
The College reserves the right to interview and employ a successful candidate before the closing date.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close: Friday 14th May at 12 noon.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
For enquiries only (please do not email your application, apply via the College website https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies ), please contact:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Incomplete applications will not progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.