Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College has a vacancy for an Archivist commencing at a suitably negotiated date. This is a full-time continuing position. The position is classified as a Level 6 School Officer position $37-$45 per hour and is for 38 hours per week.
A position description of the role appears on our website:
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must have a Blue Card (Working with Children) or be eligible to apply for a Blue Card;
- Relevant experience and tertiary qualifications in the area of Archiving/Records Management;
- Well-developed computer skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
The ideal applicant will be required to:
- Develop, maintain and implement archive policies and procedures approved by the Head of College that are necessary to support the College Archives;
- Evaluate records and archival material for preservation and retention;
- Organise the accessioning, arranging and describing all archival material received;
- Maintain safe and secure storage and environmental conditions of archival material;
- Identify appropriate methods for protecting and preserving collections;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and policies in regard to the retention, maintenance, security of and access to College documents and records;
- Train and supervise any volunteers from the College community including Gap students, parents or others who may assist in the College Archives
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Sunday 5th December 11.30pm.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries only (please do not email your application) should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4534 or 3011 1266
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.