Executive Manager Liveability and Sustainable Development
Are you looking for the right career and lifestyle move for 2023? Do you want to make an impact on the future of the community you live in? Here's your opportunity to kick a career goal while you enjoy an incredible lifestyle on the beautiful Barrington Coast.
MidCoast Council is seeking a senior leader to help achieve our mission “of delivering benefits for our community in a way that adds value and builds trust”.
The Executive Manager Liveability and Sustainable Development reports to the Director Liveable Communities and is a member of Council’s Executive Leadership Team. This is a pivotal role within the organisation and is an essential driver for innovation and change to ensure we can deliver on our organisational goals and deliver benefits to our community.
In this role you will be responsible for the following functions of Council:
- Customer Experience;
- Building and Environmental Health Services; and
- Major Assessment and Regulatory Services.
What you'll bring
We are looking for a passionate leader to complement our existing workforce who can demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Exceptional leadership skills in inspiring, empowering, and developing teams and individuals
- Strong commercial and business acumen, including the ability to develop and implement strategies and influence outcomes
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate resources to achieve organisational goals
Interested applicants should read the Success Profile (Word) Success Profile (PDF) outlining the role of an Executive Manager at Council. The Position Description (Word) Position Description (PDF) provides further information on the functions of the role.
What we offer
- A generous commencing salary package commensurate with your skills and experience with room for growth
- Work in a modern office that provides a variety of work settings supported by the right technology
- Generous leave entitlements
- Ongoing personal and professional development programs
- Long service leave when you’ve been with us for over 5 years
- Above Award Parental Leave provisions
- Study assistance and study leave
- Journey to work cover
Remuneration package circa $200,000.00 inclusive of super and vehicle allowance ($12,000).
In addition to the vehicle allowance you also have the option of taking a leaseback vehicle whereby Council provides you with a vehicle for an annual fee calculated as 20% of the gross purchase price. This is a fully maintained vehicle for both business and full private use (including registration, maintenance and fuel).
This position will be based at our Administration and Customer Service Centre at ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ at 2 Biripi Way, Taree, with flexibility and hybrid working available where feasible. ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the first nations people of the MidCoast Region.
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time.
Closing Date: Sunday 4, June 2023 at 11.59pm.
Want to know more?
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Paul De Szell, Director Liveable Communities who is the hiring manager for this role. Paul can be reached on (02) 7955 7407.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Loretta Anderson, Senior Human Resources Business Partner who is the HR representative for this role. Loretta can be reached on (02) 7955 7316 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed and relevant examples of your skills and experience
- You have the option to save your application prior to submitting, however please ensure you don't forget to submit your application before the closing date
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the application form to attach your resume
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important resource and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre is a state-of-the-art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
At MidCoast Council we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or marital, veteran or disability status. If you have a disability and need to request any adjustments to assist with the application process, or to discuss workplace adjustments you may require, please contact the HR representative.
Council also recognises the skills and attributes of veterans and welcomes applications from ex-service personnel.
We’re a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We respectfully ask that recruitment agencies do not contact us at this stage.
If you have what it takes and are looking for an opportunity focused on growth and delivering quality outcomes for our community - then APPLY now.