Debt Recovery Officer x2
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you
We have two (2) newly created Debt Recovery positions in our Revenue team and we are looking for enthusiastic and hard working individuals who are ready to take the next step in their career.
These positions are responsible for ensuring the timely collection of outstanding rates, water and miscellaneous accounts owing to Council.
In order to be successful in this position you will possess:
- The ability to influence and negotiate outcomes directly with customers
- The self-awareness of and ability to manage emotions during difficult conversations with customers
- The ability to adopt an appropriate communication style the suits the relevant audience
- Experience in a debt recovery / credit management role
- Qualifications in Accounting / Finance or equivalent (Minimum Cert IV)
- Permanent full time positions, 35 hours per week with job share arrangements considered upon request
- Flexible working conditions with some working from home available
- Work in an inclusive and supportive team
- Work in a state-of-the-art workplace
The package: Commencing salary package circa $58,000 p.a. plus superannuation.
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Corinne Matlawski, Senior Human Resources Business Partner on 02 7955 7275.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Anita Gillies, Team Leader Rating Services on 02 7955 7887.
Closing date: Sunday 23 January 2022 at 11.30 pm.