Manager Customer Experience
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The Role and You
The Customer Experience Manager role presents an opportunity for an innovative thinker, who is passionate about working with people and can take customer experience to the next level. With a “customer-centric” mindset you will be responsible for putting the customer at the centre of everything that we do.
You will manage the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic and tactical programs that are customer-centred, trusted, add value and deliver outcomes beyond client expectations.
You will also be responsible for leading and managing the Customer Experience Team who are the first point of contact for the organisation and for ensuring that Council’s Customer Service Charter sets customer expectations and forms a core part of Council’s operational approach by collecting, analysing and reporting on customer service data to better inform business units and the allocation of resources to respond to customer expectations.
This is an exciting senior leadership opportunity where you will use your skills in mentoring and coaching a young and vibrant leadership team who are focused on customer service and continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualifications in Business, Communications, Public Relations, Design Thinking or
- Demonstrated experience in a high level leadership role operating across diverse sections, with specific experience in customer experience.
- A genuine customer service approach with a history of proven delivery of high levels of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to manage and influence people and implement effective changes within a section and the organisation.
A remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. This package will include a valuable leaseback option or vehicle allowance.
This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Permanent, Full Time.
How to apply
- Before applying please review the Position Description
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
Closing date: Sunday 15 May 2022 at 11:30pm.
If you would like to discuss this position, please contact Gary Mead, Executive Manager Liveability and Sustainable Development 02 7955 7353.
If you would like to discuss the application process, please contact Loretta Anderson, Senior HR Business Partner 02 7955 7316.