Team Leader - Water Operations
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuariews to white sandy beaches and national park wilderness our LGA spans the Great Lakes, Gloucester and Manning regions and offers an attractive lifestyle. We strive to be recognised as a place of unique environmental and cultural significance. Our strong community connection, coupled with our innovative development and growing economy, builds the quality of life we value.
MidCoast Council is a workplace designed for outcomes-focused employees. We value, support and develop those who are committed to delivering positive results for our community and who bring a “can-do” attitude to their work. We empower our people to make decisions, to grow and to learn. Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We strive for continuous improvement.
The role & you
We are currently seeking an experienced Leader to supervise a team and run various projects within the water and wastewater networks.
This position sits within the Water Operations Department and is responsible for carrying out planned, and unplanned maintenance, additions and alterations, rehabilitation and replacement to enhance the water & sewerage network operational availability. You will be required to have sound knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of the infrastructure in order to provide quality support to the Water Management and Treatment for water and sewerage networks.
Demonstrated experience in the water, wastewater or industrial process industry, or a relevant trade qualification is essential. The successful candidate will hold proven Team Leader experience and the ability to deliver results to a high standard.
If you're a dedicated worker looking to make a change for the better, apply today!
- Permanent Full Time position, working 38 hours per week
- Fortnightly RDO
- Salary package in the range of $69,000 - $82,000 p.a. plus superannuation depending upon skills & experience
- Developmental opportunities including the completion of Certificate III in Water industry Operations
- On the job training from qualified water industry professionals
- Vehicle arrangements will also be discussed with the successful applicant
Upon commencement your normal place of work will be the MidCoast Council Depot located at Muldoon Street, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for roles at MidCoast Council.
MidCoast Council has implemented a Disability Inclusion Action Plan to support those with disabilities both in our community and in our workforce.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Kayla Jayde, Senior Human Resources Business Partner on 7955 7282.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Dean Vowles, Coordinator Water Operations on 7955 7931.
Closing Date: Sunday 15 May 2022 at 11:30pm