Network Operator - Water Operations
The role & you
We are currently seeking Network Operators to join our Water Operations team.
These positions provide assistance in the response, continuous operation, planned and unplanned maintenance of Council's water and wastewater networks.
A typical day working as a Network Operator would involve:
- Sewer pump station maintenance, clearance of sewer blockages and extension of existing sewer mains
- Water main repairs, valve replacements
- Responding to emergency situations such as water main breaks to ensure minimal impact for our community
- Introduction to our telemetry / SCADA systems to understand and diagnose issues within the network
We are seeking those who hold demonstrated experience in the water, wastewater or industrial process industry, or a relevant trade qualification. The successful candidates should display a keen interest in the water industry accompanied by the knowledge and theoretical understanding of pumping systems and equipment.
MidCoast Council has a diverse operational workforce and women are encouraged to apply.
If you're a dedicated worker looking to join a supportive team, apply today.
- Permanent, full-time, 9 day fortnight
- Potential for call backs, on call, and additional overtime
- Salary package range circa $62,000 to $73,000 p.a. plus superannuation
- Salary increase at six months employment if meeting all expectations of position
- Ongoing development opportunities including enrolment into Certificate III Water Operations
Upon commencement your normal place of work will be the MidCoast Council Depot located at either Grey Gum Road, Tuncurry or Muldoon Street, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it
- We will be in touch via email
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Sam McGuire, Talent Acquisition Officer on 02 7955 7929.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Dean Vowles, Northern Coordinator Water Operations on 0429 030 571.
Closing date: Sunday 15th May 2022 at 11.30 pm.