About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role and person
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer with relevant tertiary qualifications to join our Finance Department. This role is primarily responsible for processing employee payments in accordance with procedures and relevant legislation. Pivotal to this role will be maintaining accurate records and auditing procedures.
We are looking for someone with high attention to detail and demonstrated experience in operating in a fast-paced, complex environment. You will be motivated to provide a quality service to stakeholders and enjoy working with a supportive team. The successful candidate will value honesty and be ethical and professional when undertaking all aspects of the role. Your ability to follow through and take responsibility for your own actions will be highly regarded.
- Ongoing professional development
- Highly rewarding role where you will make a difference at a local level
- Work with a supportive team with a great culture
- Live and work in the beautiful MidCoast region
The package: Commencing salary package circa $58,000 p.a. to $62,000 p.a. plus superannuation (dependent on skills and experience).
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Corinne Matlawski, Senior Human Resources Business Partner on 02 7955 7275.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Sharlene Kelly, Payroll Services Coordinator on 02 7955 7470.
Closing date: Sunday 15 May 2022 at 11.30pm.