Name and Address Register (NAR) Maintenance Officer
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you
Do you have experience using Property and Land Information Systems? Are you a lateral thinker, with an eye for detail, and possess the ability to develop practical solutions? This could be the opportunity for you!
This position is responsible for providing a range of administrative and data maintenance support functions to support and enhance the data integrity of the Name and Address Register (NAR) held within Council’s Technology One Property & Rating system.
The NAR Maintenance Officer will engage with key stakeholders across the organisation to ensure information change requirements and updates are communicated for action in a central and accurate manner.
The successful candidate will:
- Express their own views, persevere through challenges, and be flexible and willing to change
- Communicate clearly and respectfully, listen, and encourage input from others
- Commit to delivering customer focused services in line with strategic objectives
- Use technology and information to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
So if you are passionate about making an positive impact that is far reaching across the organisation and the community, now is the time to make and change for the better and apply today.
- Full-time permanent position
- Flexible working conditions
- State-of-the-art office
The package: Commencing salary package circa $58,000 - $63,000 p.a. plus superannuation.
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed and relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your question responses in a separate Word document and once complete, copy each response to the relevant question on the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Corinne Matlawski, Senior Human Resources Business Partner on 02 7955 7275.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Mike Smith, Coordinator GIS and Land Information on 02 7955 7311.
Closing date: Sunday 29 May 2022 at 11.30 pm.