Team Leader Operations - Roads (Concreting)
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you
We are currently recruiting a Team Leader to work across maintenance and constructions of roads. This position sits within our Operations South (Tuncurry) operations and is responsible for providing the onsite supervision, coordination and management of work crews under their control to carry out the delivery of civil infrastructure works (both maintenance and construction activities including concreting), which may include roads, bridges, stormwater drainage and associated infrastructure assets.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and committed to deliver benefits to our community in a way that adds value and builds trust. You should be confident in your ability to monitor a small team of Council employees and contractors and prioritise competing workloads and ensure you deliver results in a timely, effective manner within budget.
You will be a pro-active thinker with well-developed interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude. You will need to have strong experience in the construction of road and drainage works with a particular emphasis on concreting.
In order to be successful in this position you will require:
- Formal qualifications in Civil Construction to Certificate III or higher level and or/equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the proper use of plant, equipment and tools specifically concreting equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and quantifying works.
- Class MR drivers license
- 9-day fortnight
- Ongoing development
- Highly rewarding role where you will make a difference at a local level
- Work with a supportive team with a great culture
- Live and work in the beautiful MidCoast region
The package: Commencing salary package circa $58,000.00 to $69,000.00 p.a. plus superannuation.
Location: Upon commencement your normal place of work will be the MidCoast Council Depot located at Grey Gum Road, Tuncurry. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Sophia Greenwood, Talent Acquisition Officer on 02 7955 7779.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Luke Andrews, Works Engineer - Construction and Maintenance on 02 7955 7129
Closing date: Sunday 24 October 2021 at 11.30 pm.