Support Coordinator - Cairns (Identified Position)
Do you have a background in case management?
Do you like to provide and facilitate creative, individualised interventions?
Do you enjoy autonomy and flexibility within your role?
Then we are looking for you!
The NDIS offer funding to people with a broad range of physical, intellectual and psychosocial impairments. Some of these people have complex challenges in their lives that reduce their capacity to utilise that funding in the best way possible. This is where you come in!
A Support Coordinator assists these people to make the best out of the funding they receive in a complex care coordination/complex case management way. You may be surprised to know we support a broad range of issues including significant work in the mental health, corrections and child safety space.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Coordinator (Identified) to join our Cairns team. This position assists our participants to make the best out of the funding they receive and achieve their goals and aspirations.
Please note: to perform this role it is essential that the person be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, this is a genuine occupational requirement under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
If you’re looking for full-time, part-time or casual work on a permanent or fixed term basis, we’d love to hear from you.
What do you get when you work here?
- We are fun, but respectful and professional. We are knowledgeable and evidence based, but we get it wrong sometimes, there are no egos here!
- Flexible work arrangements – this means real and genuine flexibility, times, days and ways in which we work
- Full specialized training and induction – we pride ourselves on our model of practice and our desire to do the best we can do
- We are the largest provider of Support Coordination in Queensland and operate from a Practitioner Led Model of Practice
- Great team culture and support
- Regular supervision and training opportunities
- Attractive salary plus Generous Salary Packaging $15,900, to increase your take home pay
As a Support Coordinator you will be responsible for assisting people in a clinical and practitioner led framework to connect with and maintain a variety of relationships which will enable them to implement their NDIS Plan and achieve their goals and aspirations. This will be done by way of a specialist Case Management model of support.
- Demonstrated experience in the disability, health or associated human welfare sectors and/or be working towards or hold a tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, or a related discipline
- Highly demonstrable knowledge of case management, care coordination and/or complex case coordination
- Highly developed adaptable and person-centered communication skills
- Strong networks with human services organizations (upstream and downstream) within the identified region
- A positive and friendly manner who is open and flexible and willing to be part of an innovative and supportive team who work together
- Have an open Queensland Driver’s License
- Have a blue card or ability to obtain prior to start date as well as the ability to obtain positive probity notices e.g. Criminal History Check and Yellow Card exemption
Mercy Community is a Catholic faith based Not-For-Profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1423 Please ensure your application includes your Resume and Cover Letter.
Please Apply Immediately - interviews will commence on receipt of applications
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.