Full Time Fixed Term Position until 30 June 2022
Salary Range $69,542 - $80,079 per annum + 9.5% Super + RDO
(As of 1 July 2021: 2.5% EBA increase and Super Guarantee increases to 10%)
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
The City Design and Strategy Department is an integrated team including Strategic Planning, Heritage, Urban Design and Landscape. We are at the forefront of planning the City of Melton’s ultimate population of 500,000 people.
We are looking for a Strategic Planner until 30 June 2022 to backfill an internal secondment.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in the development of Structure Plans, Strategies and Policies to support the growth and development of Melton City Council
- Implementing strategic work into the Melton Planning Scheme
- Working closely with all business units within Council, landowners, developers, DELWP, VPA and other key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Degree or diploma qualification in Town Planning or a related discipline with some experience in a town planning office.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and planning scheme amendment preparation.
- An understanding of planning legislation and planning scheme provisions within Victoria.
- An understanding of planning issues in growth areas.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How To Apply
If you require further information about the position, please contact Kelly Archibald, Coordinator City Strategy on 9747 5281.
Apply by filling out the application and addressing the key selection criteria below.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 25 June 2021
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we’re committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation.