Health Promotion Officer
Full Time Fixed Term Position until 30 June 2023
Salary Range $84,067 - $91,546 per annum + 9.5% Super + RDO
(As of 1 July 2021: 2.5% EBA increase and Super Guarantee increases to 10%)
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
An opportunity has arisen for an energetic and self-motivated person to assume the role of Health Promotion Officer in an exciting and rapidly changing environment. Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be a key member of the Social Planning and Wellbeing team. The Health Promotion Officer will contribute to the portfolios of the prevention of violence against women, mental health and wellbeing, obesity prevention and COVID19 recovery.
- Develop, implement and evaluate initiatives which contribute to Equality and Respect 2030: A Strategy to prevent violence against women by promoting gender equity
- Work collaboratively with external stakeholders to develop and implement evidence based initiatives aimed at improving mental health and wellbeing
- Facilitate the review and revision of existing policies and procedures relating to portfolio areas
- Deliver internal capacity building sessions for Council staff to increase awareness and understanding of how to support the community in response to emerging health and social issues
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in health promotion, public health, health science or related discipline with experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of health promotion, social determinants of health, chronic disease prevention and preventing violence against women
- Stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating internal staff capacity building and community health and wellbeing initiatives
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How To Apply
If you require further information about the position, please contact Jayde McBurnie, Acting Coordinator Social Planning and Wellbeing on 0402 378 576.
Apply by filling out the application and addressing the key selection criteria below.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 25 June 2021
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we’re committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation.