Maternal Child Health Nurse - Sleep Settling Program
Part Time Permanent Position - 30.40 hours per week
Salary $114,599 per annum pro-rata + 10.5% Super
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a community where everyone belongs. Ours is a vibrant and diverse municipality—one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state-of-the-art amenity and facilities, engaging health and wellbeing options, and support to become active members of our Lifelong Learning City.
We invest in innovation, offering professional and personal development, and generous leave and flexibility to staff, while also fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home in a dynamic setting featuring cafes and retail options set amongst heritage buildings and open green spaces.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Registered Maternal and Child Health nurse to join our team at Melton City Council. If successful for this role, your key position objectives will be to provide an evidence-informed Sleep Settling model of care and support for vulnerable families, by providing Sleep Settling outreach consultations and information sessions. You will be responsible for supporting families to be confident and capable in their decision making related to their children.
We are seeking a vibrant positive Maternal Child Health Nurse who is able to work independently and contribute to the strong team culture.
The position requires a Maternal and Child Health Nurse to:
- Deliver the Maternal and Child Health Sleep Settling program within the guidelines and policies of the Department of Health.
- Promote the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of children through planned interventions and parent education information sessions, outreach consultations and individual and group discussion.
- Collect and collate data as per Department of Health Sleep Settling program guidelines.
- Advocate for parents, the community and the service as appropriate and within Councils policy framework
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (division1) and Midwife
- Able to satisfy the requirements to work as a Maternal and Child Health Nurse in Victoria.
- Knowledge in child health and development and understanding of family functioning and the factors that contribute to child and family vulnerability.
- A passion for supporting vulnerable families and sleep settling.
- Experience with the use of CDIS IT program or a willingness to learn.
- Must have a current Victorian Driver’s licence or equivalent
- Must have a current working with Children Check
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "A vibrant, safe and liveable city accessible to all" and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- Council will reimburse AHPRA registration and working with children check renewals (after 1 year service with Council)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How To Apply
If you require further information about the position, please contact Andrea Norden Team Leader MCH Programs on 0438 919 721.
Applications must include a Resume and address the Key Selection Criteria outlining your suitability to the role .
We encourage you use the STAR approach when writing your responses to the selection criteria.
Situation (Task) – provide a brief outline of the situation or task?
Action – what did you do in response to the situation or task?
Result – what was the result of your action?
To address the Key Selection Criteria you will need to write short statements explaining how you meet the criteria, or how you demonstrate the capability. We encourage you to keep your responses concise.
Applications submitted via email, after the closing date and/or that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applicants will need to undertake pre-employment requirements, dependent on the position.
Successful applicants must comply with COVID-19 Public Health Orders applicable to Local Government employees and Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
To view the Position Description, click here.
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQA+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has Zero tolerance for child abuse. Melton City Council is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is at the centre of our everyday thinking and service delivery. Please note, we undertake several screening process to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee working with children/vulnerable people check and satisfactory criminal history record check