Community Care Worker
Multiple Part Time Permanent Positions
Salary Range $61,480 to $64,853 per annum pro-rata + 10.5% Super
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a community where everyone belongs. Ours is a vibrant and diverse municipality—one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state-of-the-art amenity and facilities, engaging health and wellbeing options, and support to become active members of our Lifelong Learning City.
We invest in innovation, offering professional and personal development, and generous leave and flexibility to staff, while also fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home in a dynamic setting featuring cafes and retail options set amongst heritage buildings and open green spaces.
Opportunities have arisen within our Community Care, Client Connections team for motivated staff to work on part time permanent basis. The Client Connections Team support older people, people with disabilities and their carers using an individualised approach to identify their strengths and build capacity to achieve their goals and enhance their independence and wellbeing.
We are seeking people from diverse backgrounds including gender-diversity, we know that having diversity in our workforce will help us deliver better services to our vibrant and diverse community. Come and join our team to provide high quality domestic assistances, personal care, respite support and other support services for the Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP) and the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) clients across the City of Melton who require assistance to maintain their independence to remain at home and be active in their community. Domestic assistance is the major component of this role.
You will be available to work up to six days per week between the hours of 7am – 7pm, including weekends, some evenings and/or irregular hours as the service requires.
- Provide domestic assistance, personal care, flexible respite and other support services to eligible HACC PYP and CHSP clients.
- Monitor the physical, social, and emotional wellbeing of clients and report issues to the relevant Service Coordination Officer.
- Foster positive and respectful relationships with clients respecting cultural values, beliefs and individual choices.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and opportunities for skill development and training.
- Support clients to maintain and/or develop independent living skills and routines
- Assist clients to make decisions with regard to their support requirements, activities/entertainment and community access and ensure adequate safety and security for self, clients and others through identification of occupational health and safety risks.
- Perform required administrative tasks accurately and in a timely manner
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Certificate III in Aged Care/Home and Community Care or equivalent.
- Current First Aid Certificate Level II.
- Experience working with and an understanding of the issues of frail aged people, people with disabilities and their carers.
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- Current valid Victorian Drivers licence.
- Access to a motor vehicle in a reliable condition that is comprehensively insured.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work individually unsupervised, and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and organise own work.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "A vibrant, safe and liveable city accessible to all" and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How To Apply
If you require further information about the position, please contact Lorna Tornquist, Service Coordination Officer on 9747 7183.
Applications must include a Resume and address the Key Selection Criteria outlining your suitability to the role .
Applications submitted via email, after the closing date and/or that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applicants will need to undertake pre-employment requirements, dependent on the position.
Successful applicants must comply with COVID-19 Public Health Orders applicable to Local Government employees and Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 21 October 2022
(*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQA+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has Zero tolerance for child abuse. Melton City Council is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is at the centre of our everyday thinking and service delivery. Please note, we undertake several screening process to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee working with children/vulnerable people check and satisfactory criminal history record check.