Senior People and Culture Business Partner
Full Time Permanent Position
Flexible workplace arrangements are invited including hybrid working arrangements
Salary Range $96,640 to $108,020 per annum pro rata + 10.5% Super
(pro rata for part time roles and + RDO for F/T positions)
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a community where everyone belongs. Ours is a vibrant and diverse municipality—one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state-of-the-art amenity and facilities, engaging health and wellbeing options, and support to become active members of our Lifelong Learning City.
We invest in innovation, offering professional and personal development, and generous leave and flexibility to staff, while also fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home in a dynamic setting featuring cafes and retail options set amongst heritage buildings and open green spaces.
Melton is slated to have a population equalling Canberra by 2051. To meet this growth, our Council is going through an exciting time of positive transformation. In this key role within our People and Culture team you’ll be part of the exciting change.
- Work as a trusted advisor and enabler of business, with stakeholders including senior and middle managers to build people management capability
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary and diverse People and Culture team; a critical contributor to our change agenda
- You will have significant opportunity for professional growth
- Support the P&C Manager in conducting Enterprise Agreement negotiations and to foster positive workplace relations
- Actively coach and partner with managers, navigating workplace relations challenges such as COVID recovery - build confidence and capability in people management
- As part of a cohesive and integrated P&C function, work with WHS, Recruitment, Learning and Development and all colleagues to find holistic solutions to workforce challenges
- Contribute to people strategies and deliverables such as implementation of our Workforce, Gender Equality, Health and Wellbeing, Child Safe and other action plans
- As an SME in people management, work with colleagues to design and deliver awareness and education for managers and employees
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or a related field; and extensive experience as a business partner, Employee Relations advisor or Human Resource generalist with demonstrated Employee Relations strengths and experience
- A solid understanding and application of employment law and Industrial instruments and frameworks
- Extensive experience in policy development and implementation
- Excellent communication and stakeholder relationship skills
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "A vibrant, safe and liveable city accessible to all" and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month*
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave*
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave*
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Melton City Council | Australian Breastfeeding Association)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Subsidised Uniforms
* Only applies to full time positions.
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How To Apply
If you require further information about the position, please contact Nicole Misurelli, People and Culture Manager on 0407 652 632.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications must include a Resume and address the Key Selection Criteria outlining your suitability to the role .
We encourage you to use the STAR approach when writing your responses to the selection criteria.
Situation (Task) – provide a brief outline of the situation or task?
Action – what did you do in response to the situation or task?
Result – what was the result of your action?
To address the Key Selection Criteria you will need to write short statements explaining how you meet the criteria, or how you demonstrate the capability. We encourage you to keep your responses concise.
Applications submitted via email, after the closing date and/or that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Successful applicants must comply with COVID-19 Public Health Orders applicable to Local Government employees and Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 30 September 2022
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQA+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has Zero tolerance for child abuse. Melton City Council is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is at the centre of our everyday thinking and service delivery. Please note, we undertake several screening process to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee working with children/vulnerable people check and satisfactory criminal history record check