Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Improvement (MERI) Officer
Full Time Permanent Position
(We embrace and support hybrid and a multitude of flexible work arrangements, Part Time candidates are encouraged to apply)
Salary Range $86,169 to $93,835 per annum + 10.5% Super + RDO
(pro rata for part time roles and + RDO for Full Time positions)
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a community where everyone belongs. Ours is a vibrant and diverse municipality—one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state-of-the-art amenity and facilities, engaging health and wellbeing options, and support to become active members of our Lifelong Learning City.
We invest in innovation, offering professional and personal development, and generous leave and flexibility to staff, while also fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home in a dynamic setting featuring cafes and retail options set amongst heritage buildings and open green spaces.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a MERI Officer to join our team at Melton City Council. If successful in applying for this role, your key position objectives will be to lead development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement processes for Council’s existing environment, sustainability, and integrated water management policies and plans. You’ll also be facilitating and delivering an engagement and consultation process across Council Departments, stakeholders and the community to guide the updating of Council’s broader environmental policy framework.
We are seeking an experienced and positive MERI Officer who can work independently and also contribute to the strong team culture.
- Review and update Council’s Environment Plan and Integrated Water Management Plan.
- Coordinate and support project performance reporting requirements.
- Collect data to support reporting on Council’s environment policies, programs and plans.
- Provide support to Council-wide working groups to facilitate the implementation of environment policies and plans.
- Facilitate dynamic and effective partnerships to strengthen the capacity of Council departments to formulate their own solutions to environmental risks and opportunities.
- Develop other environmental policies and strategies that may be required from time to time.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in environmental management, policy development, environmental education, environmental engineering, a related field with relevant experience, or lesser formal qualification with substantial experience.
- Demonstrated experience in meaningful consultation with internal and external stakeholders that results in the development, evaluation or improvement of policy.
- Demonstrated high level skills in managing engagement strategies including excellent facilitation, problem solving and relationship management skills.
- An understanding of, and interest in, environmental, sustainability, integrated water management and biodiversity issues.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to adapt communication styles to effectively engage with a wide range of stakeholders, such as internal and external stakeholders including all levels of Council employees, the community, state and federal agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "A vibrant, safe and liveable city accessible to all" and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Melton City Council | Australian Breastfeeding Association)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How To Apply
If you require further information about the position, please contact Dr Lawrie Conole, Coordinator Environment & Sustainability on 9747 7227 or Sarah Taylor on 9747 5294 (alternate contact between 16th to 23rd September).
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications must include a Resume and address the Key Selection Criteria outlining your suitability to the role .
We encourage you to use the STAR approach when writing your responses to the selection criteria.
Situation (Task) – provide a brief outline of the situation or task?
Action – what did you do in response to the situation or task?
Result – what was the result of your action?
To address the Key Selection Criteria you will need to write short statements explaining how you meet the criteria, or how you demonstrate the capability. We encourage you to keep your responses concise.
Applications submitted via email, after the closing date and/or that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Successful applicants must comply with COVID-19 Public Health Orders applicable to Local Government employees and Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 30 September 2022
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQA+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has Zero tolerance for child abuse. Melton City Council is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is at the centre of our everyday thinking and service delivery. Please note, we undertake several screening process to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee working with children/vulnerable people check and satisfactory criminal history record check