Deception Bay Flexible Learning Centre
The Deception Bay Flexible Learning Centre has the following position available:
- Position: Teacher
- Contract: Full Time Fixed Term (12 Months)
- Commencement: Monday 11 July 2022
- End Date: Friday 23 June 2023
- Applications Close: 4pm, Friday 17 June 2022
For full details of the position and application process please refer to the Position Description.
Deception Bay Flexible Learning Centre (FLC) is a co-educational Catholic secondary school in the Edmund Rice tradition, and operates within the broader Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) family. Our philosophy draws on the spirit and vision of Edmund Rice, the Founder of the Congregation of Christian Brothers. Our learning community has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with disenfranchised young people of all social, cultural, and religious backgrounds. The school is one of four schools in the Marlene Moore Flexi Schools Network (MMFSN), named in honour of Marlene Moore, a proud Wakka Wakka woman who worked on the staff of the first FLC at Logan in the 1980’s.
Each school strives to embody the Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools Network principles of RESPECT, PARTICIPATION, SAFE & LEGAL, and HONESTY. All employees of the Marlene Moore Flexi Schools Network adhere to the concepts of Common Ground and Operation by Principles. All Flexible Learning Centres operate under this framework and this is a significant point of difference from mainstream schooling. The principles establish a Common Ground among staff, young people and families, where the means to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognise rights and responsibilities, are modelled and explored, both within the group and individually.
Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) is a child safe organisation committed to the protection of children and has zero tolerance of abuse of children. Marlene Moore Flexi Schools Network is wholeheartedly committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people; therefore, all applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child safeguarding policies and procedures. This includes complying with our Child Safeguarding policy and Code of Conduct.
Marlene Moore FSN is an equal opportunity employer that promotes the safety and wellbeing of First Nations children and encourages applications from First Nations Peoples.
Application Process and Information:
The Application Process
- Enter your personal details
- Upload a Cover Letter that outlines your reasons for applying
- Upload a copy of your Resume
- Upload a copy of your QCT Registration
- Your application is to also include a response to a Selection Criteria, with a recorded clip (3-5 minutes), the details of which are below.
Important - Videos are to be emailed separately to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 4pm, Friday 17 June
The Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated high levels of ability in developing and implementing a range of learning choices which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of young people.
- Demonstrated ability differentiating the Australian Curriculum to meet the needs of young people.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with young people at risk.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in the context of relating to work colleagues, young people and parents in a cross-cultural environment.
- Commitment to participate in critical reflection around working together under four principles of operation: Respect, Safe and Legal, Honesty and Participation. (The principles establish a “common ground” among staff, young people and families, where the means to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognise rights, responsibilities and consequences are modelled and explored, both within the group and individual).