Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
$100K - $112K + Super
Permanent role with access to a monthly RDO
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking a knowledgeable and responsive individual to coordinate the implementation of Council’s new Council Plan, corporate planning software system, together with coordinating corporate performance reporting, including LG PRF and organisational KPI’s. The successful candidate will work across the organisation with senior staff and subject matter experts to inform regular reporting to the Moreland Executive and Council. As the subject matter expert, you will also play a key role in coordinating activities and initiatives that focus on improving alignment between strategy, policy, planning and resources.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ROLE
As a cross corporate leader, you will have expertise in corporate strategic and business planning and performance reporting coupled with the ability to develop effective working relationships. You will have the experience to support the implementation of a new corporate planning and reporting platform, essential to driving improvement and you will also lead/coordinate:
- the development and implementation of the Council Plan, the integrated corporate planning and reporting framework and annual strategic delivery documents, including the Council Action Plan in compliance with the Local Government Act
- regular reporting to Council and the Moreland Executive Group on the performance, progress and achievement against Council’s key corporate plans
- activities and initiatives that focus on improving alignment between corporate strategy, policy, planning and resources
- on all areas of responsibility and effectively work across Council as Council's corporate planning subject matter expert.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Yvonne Callanan, Manager Governance & Strategy on 9350 8782.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 16th May 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.