Collection Services Librarian
- Salary - $75K - $85K per annum + Super (pro-rata)
- Part Time ongoing position – 42 hours per fortnight
- Includes evenings and weekends
- Location: Coburg and Glenroy libraries
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland Libraries are about more than just books. Our libraries are vibrant neighbourhood hubs offering social interaction, cultural interactions and learning opportunities. We are seeking a Librarian who is passionate about providing a high quality service to our diverse community.
In performing this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide great customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Supervise and support other team members. Assist with library events and activities. Assist with collection maintenance, cataloguing, procedure maintenance and vendor documentation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Teamwork, supervisory and communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach staff to achieve team goals and objectives
- Demonstrable experience in customer service provision
- Demonstrable digital literacy skills
- Experience in cataloguing and process management
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Zoe Velonis on 9353 4009.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 25 July 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and Working With Children Check. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.