Community Engagement Partner
Salary - $89k - $97k + Super
Temporary full time until 31 January 2023
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to help establish and implement Moreland’s Community Engagement Policy and Framework across the organisation and in partnership with our community.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on high profile Council projects, to enhance the way Council engages with Moreland’s diverse community for shared outcomes. Key tasks include:
- Build Moreland Council’s capacity and capability in community engagement through delivery of actions in the Community Engagement Policy Implementation Plan 2020-2024.
- Advise the organisation on best practice public participation (guided by Council’s Community Engagement Policy 2020).
- Help staff at Moreland Council feel excited about, and skilled in accessible, inclusive engagement and partnership building with the Moreland community. This includes demonstrating leadership, and providing strategic advice, training and tools for staff.
- Build positive relationships with Moreland’s community both in person and online to enable communities to work more effectively with Moreland City Council, and to ensure Council is better informed about the interests, opportunities and expectations of its diverse community.
This role will require qualifications and/or contemporary knowledge in community engagement and public participation, social planning, community development, communications and/or related fields. Candidates will demonstrate skills and experience in planning and delivering complex and multifaceted community engagement projects in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated work experience in planning and delivering complex community engagement projects.
- Qualifications in social planning, community development, communications or related fields.
- IAP2 accreditation is desirable.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Nat McGlone on 9355 4240.
Applications close: 5:00pm, 7 December 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.