Senior Procurement Partner
Salary - $100k - $112k + Super
Full time permanent role with monthly RDO
Exciting change agenda and fantastic team
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive and welcoming workplace. We offer flexible and hybrid work options and genuinely care about providing our staff work/life balance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Procurement team at Moreland City Council are transforming as we embark on a journey to become a customer-centric, high performing team, focused on optimising supply chain processes and costs for our organisation. We are seeking enthusiastic, driven, and innovative people to help us turn our goals into actions.
The senior business partnering role is an integral part of our current model. Reporting to the Unit Manager Procurement, you will be integral to supporting the design and execution of our strategic plan. The focus will be providing high level specialist advice on procurement and contracting activities especially for high complex engagements to achieve value for money and mutually beneficial outcomes for Council within a robust governance framework. The role will partner with stakeholders and take accountability for the effective delivery of procurement strategies including aligning procurement plan, contract management, category management, and incorporating social, environmental and economic sustainability objectives, and targets into projects and programs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in business, commerce, procurement, or related qualification
- Experience in similar procurement lead or partner role
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, contract management and strong contract administration skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders and effectively partnering to influence decision-making and build effective relationships
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and evaluating complex tenders as well as developing, reviewing and editing a wide range of tender and contract documents
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritise work
- Highly developed verbal reasoning, and written and oral communication skills, and strong analytical skills
- Sound understanding of contract law and the Local Government Act
- Proven knowledge of computer systems for tenders and contract management, including but not limited to advanced capabilities in MS Word, MS Excel
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance and flexible work options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Kennedy Chacha on 03 9304 9729.
Council is committed to removing barriers to employment where possible at any point in the recruitment, onboarding and during your time at Council. For further information regarding modifications you may require for a recruitment process please contact Katie Kinden, Recruitment Business Partner on (03) 9304 7969 KKinden@moreland.vic.gov.au
Applications close: 5.30pm, 4 July 2022. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
How to apply:
Please fill out an application using our online recruitment system. You will be required to upload your CV, a cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience. You do not need to respond to the individual Key Selection Criteria. Please also upload any other relevant documents such as your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, sexuality and gender identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.