Inventory/Purchasing Officer (x2)
Moree Plains Shire Council are seeking two (2) Inventory/Purchasing Officers to join the Corporate Services Department.
- Permanent full time – 35 hours per week
- Location - Moree
- Attractive Salary starting at $54,857 to $63,076 depending on qualifications and experience (PLUS Superannuation)
- Salary packaging options
- Rostered day off every 3 weeks - an extra 17 days off a year!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Inventory/Purchasing Officer you will be required to contribute to the productive efficiency and effectiveness of the Moree Plains Shire Council Depot by maintaining optimum stock levels and management of the stores information system.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020.
Further details about the role can be found in the Position Description.
Council is looking for someone who has the following qualities, experience and/or qualifications:
- Certificate III (or higher) in Procurement, Financial Services or Business
- Relevant experience in a similar role managing and monitoring stock control, maintaining registers and minimising wastage
- ForkLift Ticket or willingness to commit to gaining within three (3) months of commencement
- Class C Driver's Licence (Manual)
- General Construction Induction Card
- Demonstrated computer literacy with experience working with computerised stock systems and /or purchasing systems
Please note: Experienced applicants who do not hold the required Certificate III qualification, but have relevant demonstrated experience are still encouraged to apply, however must commit to gaining the qualification upon commencement.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit www.mpsc.nsw.gov.au and address the selection criteria. All applications must be made online only.
To maximise your chance of gaining an interview for this position, it is important that you address the essential and desirable criteria. To find out more, please read Moree Plains Shire Council's guidelines & Checklist for job applicants.
This position closes at 4.00pm Wednesday 28 September 2022.
Further information regarding the online application process may be obtained by contacting Council’s Human Resources Team on (02) 67 573 234 or via email email@example.com
Our commitment to safety:
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to safety. A pre-employment health check and a three-month probationary period apply to all positions. All employees are subject to drug and alcohol screening at the pre-employment health screening and random testing will occur throughout the probationary period.
Moree Plains Shire Council requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment health screening and if attending an interview. Applicants with Contra Medical Indications which are NSW Health Certified will be considered based on inherent requirements of the role.
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.