NDIS Support Coordinator
- Competitive remuneration: $36.07-$40.64 p/hr
- Generous motor vehicle allowance (additional $7.89 per hour)
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Full Time – Fixed Term (12 month contract)
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Office based in Broadmeadows
- Servicing Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices and sites across Melbourne and regional Victoria. Wintringham’s NDIS programs are primarily targeted at frail, older people over 50 years of age who are vulnerable and are experiencing a lifelong disability.
Your new role
Based at our Outer North Office in Broadmeadows and reporting to the Senior NDIS Coordinator, Wintringham is seeking a proactive, enthusiastic and dynamic thinking individual to join our NDIS team as a NDIS Support Coordinator on a Full Time – Fixed Term basis ending on the 7th July 2023. This is a fast paced and multi-faceted role supporting our elderly NDIS participants to access services and supports. If you have a passion for seeing people succeed, working with the elderly, and have prior experience in Support Coordination, Case Management, Allied Health or Housing Support and/or Outreach this could be the perfect fit for you.
Coordination of Supports includes:
- Understanding the plan
- Connecting with supports and services
- Designing support approaches
- Establishing Supports
- Targeted Support Coordination
- Reporting to the NDIA.
Other duties and responsibilities and duties include:
- Advocating and responding to clients’ needs and identifying appropriate solutions
- Working closely with NDIA Area Coordinators, NDIA Planners, Case Managers, Care Managers, and our Centralised Rostering Team
- Linking clients with a variety of social, emotional, recreational, and allied services based on their assessed disability needs outlined within the NDIS Plan
- Effectively manage services provided within budgetary constraints
- Assistance in annual NDIA Assessment of clients
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- An approved tertiary qualification (or working towards) in Social Work, Nursing, Allied Health or Community Services
- Experience and understanding of the role of the NDIS Support Coordinator, or motivation to learn about the role
- Current drivers licence
- Your own reliable vehicle
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel
- An understanding of duty of care and privacy and the ability to apply these in day-to-day practice.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Flexible working hours: Where possible, we will offer flexible working hours that suit your life.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the link HERE.
Applications can be directed to Kylie Thomson (NDIS Senior Coordinator) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 29th of June 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID19 and help keep Victorians safe. You will be required to show evidence of 3 COVID19 vaccinations and be willing to undertake Flu vaccination in the 2022 year and subsequent years.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.