Revenue & Property Assistant
|Job Type||Part Time - Permanent|
|Package||60,447.04 per annum pro rata|
|Position Description||Revenue & Property Assistant|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This position has the responsibility to provide assistance with administrative functions relating to the management of Council’s rating and revenue systems in a confidential and impartial manner, recognising the need for efficient and timely responses.
- Model Council values and be an integral member of the financial services team including participating in team projects, process mapping and review, and proactively responding to customer requests.
- Assist in maintaining Council’s property and assessment database in accordance with the Local Government Act, including change of ownership, address changes, voting entitlements, land title information, classifications, zonings, development history and all charges against properties.
- Assist in responding to ratepayer enquiries.
- Undertake general administrative tasks and preparing correspondence related to rating matters as required by the Coordinator Property and Revenue.
- Ensure all land information certificates are prepared in a timely manner and that all certificate applications are appropriately invoiced.
- Process and maintain direct debit applications and uploading of payment files into banking software.
- Download direct debit files from banking software and process in accounting system.
- Assist with revenue duties as requested, including phone payments and general debtor enquiries.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, customers requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner ensuring delivery is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer centric.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to provide information and maintain good customer relations
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and positively as a member of a team
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- High level of computer literacy
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at email@example.com or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 12th April 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer