|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Position Description||Strategic Planner|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This role is responsible for providing high level strategic land use planning, policy development, advice and research expertise to the Council for the long term benefit of the community of Northern Grampians Shire Council.
- To provide high level strategic land use planning, policy development, advice and research
- expertise to the Council for the long term benefit of the community of the Northern Grampians Shire.
- To coordinate and facilitate the preparation, implementation and review of local planning policies, Strategy Plans, Local Structure Plans and Development Contribution Plans within the Shire.
- Contribute to the monitoring, review and maintenance of the Planning Scheme in order to satisfy statutory requirements, including assisting in the preparation and processing of all types of Planning Scheme Amendments.
- Assist in the management of specialist consultants to ensure best practice planning outcomes and compliance with Council and State Government requirements
- Assist in monitoring, analysing and interpreting demographic, housing and employment data, and growth trends, plus other statistical indicators.
- Model Council values and be an integral member of the Northern Grampians Shire team including participating in team projects, and proactively responding to customer requests.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, customer requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner ensuring delivery is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer centric.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Bachelor or Diploma of Town Planning or equivalent as well as strategic planning experience
- A good understanding of the Victorian planning legislation framework and experience in providing specialist advice on strategic planning projects, with a number of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, gain cooperation and influence a wide range of individuals, groups, organisations and other stakeholders
- High level of project management skills
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 10 May 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer