Qualified Early Childhood Educator
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Position Description||Qualified Early Childhood Educator|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This position has the responsibility to work in partnership with other Early Childhood Educators, children and families to ensure positive outcomes for children in the provision of early years educational services.
Plan and implement a quality educational program
- Lead the team/room educators to plan, implement, assess and review a high quality and diverse educational program based on appropriate curriculum frameworks and with reference to the National Quality Standards, considering the developmental needs, interests and abilities of all the children attending the service.
- Actively support every child to participate in the program and ensure that the program promotes children’s choices and influence.
- Deliver and guide educators to deliver effective and valuable documentation of children’s learning in accordance with the centre philosophy and the learning outcomes.
Promote the health and safety of employees and children
- Ensure staff and children utilise effective health and hygiene practices, including meeting all regulations relating to food safety and preparation, medical management plans, risk management plans, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all children have access to nutritious food and fresh drinking water.
- Promote health, wellbeing and physical exercise in the service.
- Ensure a safe and stimulating physical environment where all staff and children are protected from hazards or harm.
Build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Work cooperatively, ethically and respectfully with other educators, and support each other’s professional development.
- Develop and maintain respectful, supportive, collaborative and responsive relationships with children and their families.
- Establish and maintain links with local networks, resource agencies and other relevant organisations.
- Supervise workplace students and volunteers, as directed.
- Ensure an effective induction and orientation process for new families, children and educators, including workplace students and volunteers.
Contribute to the effective management of the service
- Ensure all practices are in accordance with the National Quality Standards and reflect the philosophy, policies and procedures of the service.
- Attend professional development opportunities and network meetings as appropriate or as directed by Team Leader.
- Lead and promote an understanding of the National Quality Standards, the National Quality Framework.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the service through reflective practice and as directed by the Team Leader, Coordinator and educational leader.
- Complete any collection of data, medical or other records required in a timely manner, and in accordance with the service’s policies and procedures and the National Quality Standards.
- Assist the Team Leader in matters relating to leadership, pedagogical leadership, management support, service administration, as directed.
- Be ready, willing and qualified to act in the position of certified supervisor in the temporary absence of the Team Leader.
- Participate in staff performance plans and attend in-services as identified to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Participate in professional development as required to further enhance the service provided by Northern Grampians Shire Council.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Diploma of Children’s Services or equivalent as required under the Education and Care Services National regulations and experience working in early childhood services.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011), Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010), the National and Victorian Early Years Learning Framework, The National Quality Framework.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate early childhood programs for individuals and groups of children, including the keeping of appropriate records.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at email@example.com or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 26 July 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer