Age-friendly Communities Project Officer
|Job Type||Part Time - Temporary 48 hr/fortnight to 30 June 2022|
|Package||$66,635.21 per annum pro rata|
|Position Description||Age-friendly Communities Project Officer|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This position is responsible for facilitating the delivery of the Age-friendly Communities Project.
The main objectives of the project are to:
- build community capacity to develop age-friendly communities that confidently engage older people in community activities;
- support good physical and mental health, and alleviate social isolation for older people by increasing older people’s participation in active living programs and activities;
- foster community development by increasing the social and economic participation and life-long learning opportunities for older people in local communities;
- establish projects for seniors community participation that are replicable in other communities and locations, and develop knowledge and learnings for sharing;
- engage older people in identifying and prioritising their critical issues of concern; and
- work with older people to co-design the best solutions to address their concerns
- Facilitate engagement workshops to identify project opportunities addressing older peoples’ needs.
- Support co-design to develop and deliver identified positive community-based projects and activities within Northern Grampians Shire Council.
- Assist with the preparation, operation and review of community initiatives.
- Coordinate the Age-friendly Communities ambassador program.
- Collate necessary documentation and information and support management in report preparation, including budget, progress and acquittal reporting.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Degree or Diploma qualified in Community Development, Public Health, Health Promotion or Social Science with some experience, or relevant experience in a similar role i.e. youth work, social work, community services, community development.
- Experience in community-focussed project management, development and delivery.
- Prior experience in engaging community in problem-solving and co-design activities
- Prior experience facilitating engagement workshops and sound knowledge of the principles of co-design
- Experience in and knowledge of community development strategies.
- Understanding of objectives and policy framework of the WHO Global Age-Friendly Cities Project, and the relationship of health population issues in this cohort.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Ty Taylor, Coordinator Positive Ageing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 20 September 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer